Combine cold calling with strategic email communication
The Call-Mail-Call strategy involves initiating communication through a phone call, providing additional information or documentation via email or traditional mail, and concluding with a follow-up call. This sequential approach aims to establish initial contact, deliver detailed information, and reinforce communication through a second call for clarification or further discussion.
The optimal goal is always to arrange introductory meetings Conference-Calls, which are then carried out with the client or Conference-Calls.
The minimum goal is to send individual emails with more detailed information about your product/services.
What does it take?
- We reach a new customer base defined by you or we will make you suggestions (example 300 new contacts within potential new customer accounts for you).
- We can provide these contacts
- We will set up a German telephone number for you where we can contact the specified targets
- We get an idea of your product/service and create a telephone guide based on the AIDA model. Of course, you can also use this telephone guide independently for yourself and with your team.
- You must provide an email address within your company so that we can appear on the market in your name.
- We start with at least 2 hours of activity per day in the DACH market on your behalf.
How exactly do we proceed?
First we want to reach every contact and talk to them about the relevant issue/your product/service and only then
Send out a targeted email that is individually tailored to the conversation.
In a next step
The target person is contacted again (follow-up) to determine their interest in more detail and take the appropriate next steps.
How are the individual contacts evaluated?
In addition to the different phases, the quality of the individual contacts is assessed again after the discussions, in the so-called Lead Status: